Book Review: Gabby, God's Little Angel by Sheila Walsh



Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: September 20, 2011

Gabby, a guardian angel in training, stars in this first children's book in a new series from author Sheila Walsh. When Gabby is given a new assignment to watch over little Sophie, she realizes watching over this gal will be harder than she thought!

The moment I sat down with my children to read this book, they were captivated by the beautiful pictures and the delightful character that the author has created in Gabby. The book is humerously written, and kept their attention the whole way through. It created a great opportunity to talk about guardian angels and what the Bible has to say about them, bringing to life the verse  “He will put his angels in charge of you. They will watch over you wherever you go” (Psalm 91:11 ICB). I myself have never really thought of Angels as being cute and little like Gabby (preferring the image of a warrior instead), but my children stated that they love the book, and it definitely delivers an important message of God's love and protection.

For those reasons, I give this book a solid recommendation and a rating of 4 out of 5 stars. I have no doubt I will be reading this book again and again with my daughters as the days pass by!

This book has been provided courtesy of the publisher via the Booksneeze program for the purposes of this unbiased review.


Buy

Read

Comments