Don't give up! You're an "Overcomer" (thanks for the reminder, Mandisa!)


It can be SO EASY to be overwhelmed by the challenges of life, so easy to feel like we are on our own and that things will NEVER get better. It can be so easy to lose hope! I've talked to countless people who no longer feel hope for their future, for their marriage, for a job, for the chance to see their kids again after divorce has devastated their family.


Lately, God has been reminding me of his amazing promises:

God "is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us" (Ephesians 3:20)


Don't give up! HIS power is at work within us, and He is able to do even MORE than we can ask him to do! I love it!

Here's a prayer from the Word that I also love:

 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit (Romans 15:13)


I love to proclaim this prayer over other people and remind myself of this powerful truth. I don't need to CONJURE up hope. I need to turn to the Holy Spirit who will help me overflow with hope. When I feel like giving up, that's when I need to be asking the Holy Spirit to help me view life through God's eyes and to fill me with his hope.

And you know what? He does.

Lately, I've been blessed by Mandisa's song "Overcomer", who speaks to the hope God gives. I hope you enjoy it too!



Overcomer   -     
        By: Mandisa



Comments