Will entertain your kids for hours! my review of "Curious Creatures"



Minutes after opening "Curious Creatures", my children were reading all sorts of facts out loud to me. Did you know a Koala's baby is called a joey? Or that anteaters can eat up to 30,000 ants in one day? Combining four books into one (Rainforest Friends; Jungle Beasts; Polar Pals; and Curious Creatures Down Under), the book is a treasure trove of information about the amazing creatures God has made. Each book is written at a  "Level 2" of the I Can Read series, aimed at developing readers, and my children were able to enjoy the book both on their own and while reading it with me.

I can honestly say that this is one of my favourite children's products to be published this year. The pictures are absolutely gorgeous, and each page is jam packed with useful information that I found just as interesting to read about as my children did! I love the emphasis the book places on the fact that these amazing creatures are made by God, with Bible verses throughout that celebrate his works. This is the type of book that your children can read through in one sitting, or can be enjoyed in brief stints as well. It has quickly become a favorite in the family, and my children have spent hours perusing the pages. The hardcover binding makes it very sturdy, and likely to last a long time, something I always look for when I know a book will often be handled by little hands. The writing is easy to follow and the facts truly are fascinating, a perfect combination for my kids!

If you have a developing reader in your family and are looking for a book that will engage their attention while improving their reading skills, then this is the perfect book for you! Your children will come away with a fresh appreciation for God's amazing handiwork - and you will probably learn something new yourself along the way. I give this book a high recommendation and a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

Book has been provided courtesy of the publisher and the Booklook Blogging program, for the purposes of this unbiased review.

Comments