Overwhelmed by God's Glory

The combined effect of blasts from two solar storms this week 'should light up the skies pretty good over Canada,' says William Murtagh of the NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center.



When I see the glory of creation, how can I not believe in God? How can I not be overwhelmed by his beauty, his majesty, by the works of his hands that proclaim his power? The above photo is taken yesterday (published by CBC news), and displays the northern lights that blessed Canada due to solar plasma hitting our atmosphere. Amazing, isn't it?

I look at that photo, and I am in awe of the way God blesses us every day if we just open our eyes to see his handiwork. Romans 1:20 states "For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse." God, you are truly amazing! I praise you for your amazing beauty, your incomparably great power! Open my eyes to see YOU everywhere I look.


By now, I am guessing that you have heard the song "Overwhelmed" by Big Daddy Weave, but if you haven't, turn out the lights, close your eyes, and listen to the lyrics of this song:

I see the work of Your Hands
Galaxies spin in a Heavenly dance oh God
All that You are is so overwhelming


I hear the sound of Your Voice
All at once it's a gentle and thundering noise oh God
All that You are is so overwhelming


I delight myself in You
Captivated by Your beauty
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You


God, I run into Your arms
Unashamed because of mercy
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You


I know the power of Your Cross
Forgiven and free forever You'll be my God
All that You've done is so overwhelming


I delight myself in You
In the Glory of Your Presence
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You


God, I run into Your arms
Unashamed because of mercy
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You


You are Beautiful, You are Beautiful
Oh God, there is no one more Beautiful
You are Beautiful, God you are the most Beautiful


You are Wonderful, You are Wonderful
Oh God, there is no one more Wonderful
You are Wonderful, God You are the most Wonderful


You are Glorious, You are Glorious
Oh God, there is no one more Glorious
You are Glorious, God you are the most Glorious




   

Comments