A fantastic thriller, not to be missed! My review of Gone to Ground by Brandilyn Collins



Publisher: B&H Books (March 1, 2012)

Who is the Closet Killer? The charming town of Amaryllis has been haunted by 6 murders in a 3 year period, with all 6 horrible crimes committed the same way. The serial killer is at large and the town living in fear.Three different woman, Cherrie Mae, Tully, and Deena, have different suspects in mind - and each are convinced that they are right.  As the women become connected through a series of seemingly random events that put them on the path of the killer, they face the greatest danger they could imagine.

Gone to Ground is a fantastic thriller, filled with twists and turns and an ending I truly didn't see coming till the last chapters. The story absolutely flew by with it's fast pace, and is expertly unveiled through the different points of view of the three main characters Cherrie Mae, Tully, and Deena. Cherrie Mae was definitely my favourite character, and I wish I could meet her in future works with her spunk, no-nonsense attitude, and intimate ways with God. My heart broke for the other two as themes of betrayal and affairs and spousal abuse emerged, but I was also able to cheer at the triumphant ending - at least for the 3 women anyway! The mystery is concluded in a most excellent matter, leaving the reader with a sense of justice being served.

If you have never had the chance to read a book by Brandilyn Collins, you are missing out! I highly recommend this book and give it 5 out of 5 stars.

Disclaimer: I received an advanced reader's copy from the publisher via netgalley for the purposes of this unbiased review.


Ready to buy?

Comments