Take your family to see "Overcomer"!

Overcomer


about the film...


Life changes overnight for coach John Harrison when his high school basketball team and state championship dreams are crushed under the weight of an unexpected twist. When the largest manufacturing plant shuts down and hundreds of families leave town, John questions the future of his family and his team.

OVERCOMER challenges viewers with the questions, “Who is God?” “Who Am I?” and “What do I allow to define me?” The film is a discovery of who gets to determine our identity and what we have to overcome to embrace the life God has for us; solid Christian principles.




my thoughts...


The makers of such movies as "War Room" and "Couragesous" have brought another heart warming movie to the big screen with their latest offering, "Overcomer", a movie that will make you laugh and cry and ultimately inspire you.  The acting is solid, with a fine performance especially from the teen who plays Hannah, who will capture your sympathy as she wrestles with the losses she's experienced in life. Her journey from a place of anger and grief and loss to one where she discovers the love of Christ is moving to behold. I will say that for me I found the first third of the movie to move a bit slower than I had expected it to, with perhaps too many scenes packed with dialogue instead of drama. But then the film picked up steam, and as Hannah encountered Jesus I felt the tears come on!  (I won't even admit here how many times I had to wipe my eyes). And then as her community came around her, and then of course as she ran the race of her life, I found myself riveted to the screen. As the closing scenes arrived and the song "Overcomer" swelled to life, I felt a sense of triumph and joy well up within me and I had to take a moment to just feel the accomplishment of this film.

Families and people from all generations will absolutely enjoy this film and the positive message it portrays. The gospel not only rings clear in the words the actors say, but in the actions that unfold on the screen. People of course should temper their expectations that this is not a Marvel or Disney film, with the resources that go along with it. But if you are looking for a well-acted film with a message that will long linger on your mind, then "Overcomer" is just what you've been looking for!

An early screening link was provided by Sony & Graf-Martin Communications.

Comments