Book Review: Water's Edge by Robert Whitlow



Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: July 19, 2011



Beneath the charming facade of small-town Bethel lies corruption, betrayal, and murder. Tom returns to Bethel after having lost all that he thought was important to him. Expecting to simply shut down his father's legal practice before moving back to the big city to pursue his dream of becoming partner in a law firm, Tom instead begins to realize that all is not as it seems. What he discovers challenges everything he's always believed...and threatens his very life.

Robert Whitlow has woven a tale of action-packed drama with well-developed characters and a mystery that keeps the pages turning. Just when I would think I'd figured everything out, another twist would be revealed that changed everything. The novel was skillfully written, providing an enjoyable read that lived up to his reputation as being a master of legal suspense. I greatly enjoyed the quirkiness of Uncle Elias, who's intimate walk with God challenged me to pursue a similar life of prayer. Tom's own journey of faith found me both agonizing and rejoicing along with him as he wrestled with difficult decisions and sought to find his purpose in life. For myself, I will walk away thinking about Tom's words stated in the epilogue: “I'm learning that God placed me in this world, not so other people can serve me, but so I can serve them. Only when we focus our attention on others can we become who we're intended to be ourselves.” An admirable challenge indeed. Highly Recommended. 5 of 5 stars.


The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book through BookSneeze® and netgalley.
http://www.thomasnelson.com/consumer/product_detail.asp?sku=9781595544513

Comments