The 21-Day Dad's Challenge: Three Weeks to a Better Relationship with Your Kids by Carey Casey (Editor)



Publisher: Focus/Tyndale (September 23, 2011)

In timing with the release of the acclaimed movie Courageous comes a book that is likewise aimed at dads. Filled with wisdom from such contributors as Carey Casey, Josh D. McDowell, Dr. Gary Rosberg, Randy Alcorn, and many others, The 21-Day Dad’s Challenge seeks to equip dads in their incredibly important job of helping raise the next generation. Through practical, well-written chapters, the authors are hoping to aid dads in the role of “loving, coaching, and modeling for your children, encouraging other children, and enlisting other dads to get involved”.

I found this book to be an absolute treasure, filled with practical wisdom and advice for fathers seeking to be the best they can be. The book is brilliantly written, engaging the reader on many different levels not only with the written word but by linking to websites, videos, and more. It offers a powerful wake-up call for fathers to set their priorities straight, to invest in their children, an investment that will be returned over and over again. As I read the book, I found myself considering what sort of obstacles I need to overcome to invest in my own children, what priorities I may need to change to be the best dad I can be. I think any father reading this book can be inspired to change, in either big or small ways, and this book makes it easy to do so by only asking for a brief time commitment each day to work through the chapters. I really appreciate that the book seeks to encourage dads and not make them feel bad about themselves, which would have been easy to do. Research shows over and over that dads are such as important part of their children’s lives, and this book makes it possible to be the type of father that loves and champions their children.

The book is easy to read and yet has the ability to change lives. I strongly encourage dads (and grandfathers too!) to take time to read this book and, not only read it, but act on it as well. I highly recommend this book and give it 5 out of 5 stars.

Disclaimer: Book provided by publisher, Tyndale House, for the purposes of this unbiased review. Available everywhere good books are sold.

NOTE: For a fiction book based on the movie, one that also seeks to bring the best out of dads, see my review of Courageous.

Comments