Naked I come, Naked I go



Today I was reminded of how silly it is to be caught up in the lust for more things.

Honestly, I am often like a two-year-old with my insatiable desire for the new and shiny. 

New car? Ooh, wish I had that

New computer? 
New camera? 
New clothes? 
New books? 
New house?

I want it all. And more.

And then I hear the voice of God whispering to me: 

"Chase me, not these things!"

How is it possible that I so quickly forget that I can't take anything with me when I die? How can I forget the truth from God's word, that we arrive in this world naked, and we leave it just as naked? Why don't I chase after the things that matter

Love well
Give generously
Show people the face of Christ

Won't you join me today, and focus on what really matters? 

After all, when you die everything you have is gone, blown away in the wind...



Matthew 6:19-21

19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy,and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven,where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.




Comments