Plenty of action and supernatural wonder! My review of "Fire Prophet" by Jerel Law

Fire Prophet



Book 2 of the “Son of Angels” series sees the return of Angel “quarterlings” Jonah and Eliza Stone. A year after they first discovered that their mother is a nephilim, the offspring of a human and fallen angel, both Jonah and Eliza find themselves under attack on their first day of school. They soon learn that they are not alone, but that quarterlings throughout the world are at risk. The children must be separated from their parents to ensure their safety, and they are spirited to a safe house where they undergo special training to develop their unique gifts. However, they are soon called upon to locate a mysterious prophet believed to have knowledge that is vital to the ongoing battle between good and evil.

If you enjoyed the first book in the series, then you are certain to enjoy this follow-up novel, one filled with plenty of action, tense moments, and supernatural wonder! As I read through the story, I found myself wishing that I had the power to see into the hidden realm, or fly through the air in the grasp of an Angel! Children are sure to enjoy the imagination and vivid detail that colors every scene of the story, and wish that they could join Eliza and Jonah in their adventures. There were a couple of places where I questioned why the characters acted the way they did. For example, soon after the children are attacked and arrive home with their guardian angels, the whole family drives off in their car. I couldn't help but wonder why, with a host of evil angels on their way to destroy them, the family wouldn't have immediately flown off with the angels instead of driving away. However, I didn't let such questions distract me, because in a crisis none of us would act perfectly! And also, I'm not sure the intended audience of the book would really examine such things too closely. Overall, the book is well written and sure to captivate the readers with the ongoing saga of the Stone family.

Really only one question remains – when is the movie coming out? The trailer for the book (see below) was enough to whet my appetite! I strongly recommend this book for children and youth, and award it 4 out of 5 stars.

Book has been provided courtesy of the publisher, Thomas Nelson, and the Booksneeze program for the purposes of this unbiased review.


 


Comments