Raindrops on roses, whiskers on....balloons?

Sometimes it can be hard to stay thankful.

Perhaps it's the astonishing fact that literally 1 minute after I put the vacuum cleaner away, the floor is already covered with bread crumbs that have been strewn for Hansel & Gretel, or there has been an explosion of Lego from wall to wall!



Or, sometimes I get tired of wiping poopy bums where I wonder how that stench could possibly be coming from my adorable child.

And, of course, tantrums are my favourite!


But then I will catch my daughter singing "Raindrops on roses, whiskers on balloons..." as she inserts her own special words into her much loved song from the sound of music.


As she sings through those words, I am reminded of the importance of thinking about the best things in life:


My wonderful wife
My amazing children
A warm house
A job
Ice cream
And best of all, a loving and gracious God who provides all these things.


So today I am determined to spend my day being thankful, and singing about all that I have to be thankful for!

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus"
1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV)



Comments

Post a Comment