The best children's Bible I've seen so far: A review of "My Favorite Bible" by Rondi DeBoer and Christine Tangvald



Publisher: Revell (August 1, 2011)

Book Synopsis as provided by publisher:

Bring the Bible alive!

The most treasured stories of the Bible come alive in My Favorite Bible. Start your little ones on a life-long love of God's word! This colorful and dynamic gospel-centered Bible storybook guides children through the foundational truths of Scripture. Each story is fully and vividly illustrated and includes a simple narrative with things children ages 4—8 love: repetition, rhythm, and energy, along with a key biblical theme, a key Bible verse, an activity page, and discussion questions. Adults and children will cherish time together as they grow closer to God.

MY REVIEW

I have read and looked through many children's Bibles since becoming a parent, and I can honestly say that this is my favorite one so far. Every Christian parent longs to impart God's wisdom to their little ones, to interest them in the things of God in a way that both teaches and entertains. My Favorite Bible succeeds at both! The pictures are simply adorable and my children can't get enough of looking at them. The actual Bible stories are easy for them to understand and held their attention. And what I loved most is that at the end of each story are two sections called "Family Talk" and "Family fun" that provide some great questions for the children that engage them, and some truly fun activities as well. For example, my family read the parable of the lost lamb, and then proceeded to play a version of hide and seek where we took turns being the "Good Shepherd" and going off to find the scattered sheep! My kids had a blast, and won't soon forget this valuable lesson.

I highly recommend this children's Bible and give it 5 out of 5 stars.

Put this one on your Christmas list! You won't regret it.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

Comments