I love the winners of the "Christy Awards" this year! Check out the winners and my SHOCKING disclosure :)

The Christy Award



Every year I wait with anticipation to see who will win the Christy Awards. This year, I have to say I was in almost complete agreement with those chosen to win the awards from the list of finalists. Read on for my impression of the awards (and let me know what you think of my SHOCKING disclosure about the winner of Book of the Year...)

In case you haven't yet seen the list, here is the list of the winners:

  • Lifetime Achievement Christy: Lee Hough
  • Christy Award Hall of Fame Inductees: Lynn Austin (8 Christys) & Karen Hancock (4 Christys)
  • Book of the Year: Into the Free by Julie Cantrell (David C Cook)
  • Contemporary Romance: The Breath of Dawn by Kristen Heitzmann (Bethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group).
  • Contemporary Series, Sequels & Novellas: You Don't Know Me by Susan May Warren (Tyndale House Publishers)
  • Contemporary Standalone: Not in the Heart by Chris Fabry (Tyndale House Publishers)
  • First Novel: Into the Free by Julie Cantrell (David C Cook)
  • Historical: Flame of Resistance by Tracy Groot (Tyndale House Publishers)
  • Historical Romance: Against the Tide by Elizabeth Camden (Bethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group)
  • Suspense: Rare Earth by Davis Bunn (Bethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group)
  • Visionary: Soul's Gate by James L. Rubart (Thomas Nelson, a division of HarperCollins Christian Publishing)
  • Young Adult: Child of the Mountains by Marilyn Sue Shank (Delacorte Press, a division of Random House)

In looking through the list, it is so very clear why both Lynn Austin & Karen Hancock have been made "Christy Award Hall of Fame Inductees" as they are both fabulous authors and definitely deserve this award.

And now, check out my prior reviews of the other winners of Christy Awards (I haven't read all of the above listed books, but a fair number of them anyway):

The Breath of Dawn      My rating? 5 out of 5 stars.


 My rating? 4 out of 5 stars.

   My rating? 4.5 out of 5 stars.



 My rating? 5 out of 5 stars Against the Tide

Rare Earth   My rating? 5 out of 5 stars.

My rating? 5 out of 5 stars.  Soul's Gate



And so, now for my disclosure... I tried my best to pick up the overall winner of this years book list, "Into the Free", and after a few chapters I just gave up because I couldn't get into the story! That must show what I know about good fiction, anyway.... :)  Did everyone else love it?

I guess that just proves that people's taste in fiction is entirely subjective!

If I had to choose a winner for the entire list of finalists, I would have chosen...

Rare Earth


Happy reading, everyone. Congrats to all the winners!

Comments